Thursday, July 30, 2015

Quote of the Day

July 29, 2015
NYC investigates Legionnaire's outbreak

City officials are "concerned" about the outbreak, health commissioner Mary Bassett said in a statement.

That's not the quote of the day. I refer you instead to the one and only comment posted so far.

I've made $64,000 so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. I'm using an online business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great money. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it. Heres what I've been doing...

That was definitely in the running for the quote of the day. I therefore read it to my girlfriend to hear what she thought, especially since two people have given that quote a thumbs up.  Here is what she said:

I love it when I see comments like this! It completely renews my faith in humanity to know that someone out there is so selfless and cares so much about others that they would be willing to share the secrets of their wealth, knowing that it could diminish their own financial gain. I'm so overcome with emotion right now, I don't even care that this comment contains a run-on sentence!

That's the quote of the day. I might be a bit biased, since she is my girlfriend and I am fond of sarcasm, but I think it goes deeper than that. It clearly shows a firm grasp of economics.

If a person is happily making $64,000 in just 7 months and they share their online business opportunity with millions of other Americans (some of whom may actually be infected with the Legionnaire's disease), then the law of supply and demand dictates that they probably won't be making $64,000 in the next 7 months. Their income will drop dramatically due to the impending online employee glut.

No comments: