Thursday, July 23, 2015

Threat of the Day

July 23, 2015
Trump threatens independent run, on sidelines of border visit

But on the sidelines, he was making news for other reasons -- his threat to mount an independent run for the White House if the Republican Party won't welcome him.

If I was a member of the Republican Party then there would be some small part of me that would be thinking the following:

I know you could syphon off some Republican votes if you ran independently, but your threat is a bit like Santa Claus threatening to deliver clown horns to anyone who wants one.



Disclaimer: Not a big fan of Donald Trump. I feel the need to say this on the off chance he reads this post and proclaims that Illusion of Prosperity bloggers all love him.

2 comments:

mab said...

Not a big fan of Donald Trump

I can safely say the same thing about all the candidates, and I have no idea who is even running!

Trump claims he's worth $10 billion (some might say that's fuzzy math). But at least he bets on himself, unlike Mark Cuban who made his fortune peddling a worthless dot.bomb and betting against it (lucky hedge!!!!).

If there was ever a time when it mattered how one made their money, that time is long gone.

Given our current system, Cuban is far better suited to run the country. Mark Cuban for President!

Stagflationary Mark said...

mab,

I can safely say the same thing about all the candidates, and I have no idea who is even running!

Easy one!

On the far right, every Republican in the country is running. On the far left, there are some of those other people running.

As for the moderate middle? I think there are crickets running. If I close my eyes late at night I can almost hear them. Sigh.

I think the reason I dislike Trump so much is that he seems to have a bit more dictator in him than the rest. If he'a elected and a "Trump Youth Movement" begins, I would f%^king freak out, lol. Sigh. ;)