Thursday, September 24, 2015

CAT Got Your Tongue?

September 24, 2015
Caterpillar to cut up to 10k jobs; lowers guidance

The company also noted in its restructuring announcement that 2015 is the company's third consecutive down year for sales and revenues-and 2016 "would mark the first time in Caterpillar's 90-year history that sales and revenues have decreased four years in a row."

For those keeping track at home, 90 years ago was 1925. Why is it important? It was before the Great Depression. What an awesome record to break! Sigh.

This strong and resilient economy has made me nearly speechless. That's right. CAT's got my tongue! Badum-ching.

The 30-year treasury yield is back down to 2.88% as I type this. Behold the rising long-term interest rate environment in all its glory, lol. Sigh.

2 comments:

mab said...

I'm sure all the global austerity measures will kick in soon. Raging Bull here!

Stagflationary Mark said...

mab,

I'm so optimistic about the global economy that I'm changing my name to Shanghaitionary Mark!

Headin' to China! Daring officials at random to Shanghai me!

What's the worst that could happen?