Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Quote of the Day

September 28, 2015
JC Penney: When the Ceiling Becomes the Floor

Shares of J.C. Penney (JCP) have gained 50% this year, which means it’s time for an analyst upgrade.

History shows that the best time to upgrade a stock is right after it has risen the equivalent of 15 years of 30-year treasury bond interest in just one year.

In related news, JC Penney is currently trading down 2.96% as I type this. No worries. That's only 1 year of 30-year treasury bond interest. If it continues to fall at its current rate, there won't be a downgrade for a fortnight (14 days), lol. Sigh.

Analysts and generally crappy timing, baby. That's what I'm talking about.

This is not investment advice. I have no opinion on where this stock goes from here. I can say this though. I'm certainly not buying JC Penney based on a Wall Street analyst opinion. If it was such a sure thing, why would they tell me? Generosity? A willingness to offer free profitable advice to their fellow man? Did Henry Blodget teach us nothing?

No comments: