Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Quote of the Day

September 23, 2015
Why millions of Americans are raiding their retirement savings

Some 41% of post-crash skeptics have stopped saving; 77% have no confidence in financial institutions; and 67% view the markets as risky.

1. What exactly is a post-crash skeptic? One who is skeptical that there was a crash? Or one who is only skeptical because there was a crash?

2. Why did post-crash skeptics stop saving? I'm skeptical these low interest rates will give me the savings I will need in the future so I try to save even more. Does a squirrel stop collecting nuts for the winter if the nuts are sparse? Or does he say "f%^k it" and relax on some van down by the river?

3. 77% have no confidence in financial institutions? None? Why do I suddenly feel like an optimist? I have some confidence. I'm not saying it's much, but it's more than zero, lol. Sigh.

4. 33% don't think that markets are risky? This must get very confusing when "risk on" is mentioned on CNBC, lol. Sigh.

5. If only 23% have any confidence in financial institutions then how can 33% believe that financial markets aren't risky? Now that's a conundrum!

No comments: