Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Bond Market vs. Bryan Rich

May 19, 2016
Forbes: Market Still Leaning The Wrong Way On The Fed - Bryan Rich

That makes betting on lower yields a very dangerous one, if not a dumb one. When people are positioned the wrong way in asymmetric trades, the adverse moves tend to be violent.

If betting on 10-year treasuries is dumb, then shorting 10-year treasuries must be smart. Thanks Bryan for this sure thing gamble! And if it is the sure thing that you suggest, I'll use credit to increase my leverage! Even bigger sure thing profits heading my way! Woohoo!

Before I place my bet, I think I'll backtest previous sure thing Bryan Rich theories to see how much money I would have made in the past. How about those sure thing retail stocks?

The Stock Market vs. Bryan Rich

December 18, 2013
Forbes: Five Retail Stocks Analysts Think Will Double - Bryan Rich

Faster growth will improve the job market, improve confidence and bolster consumer spending. In this scenario, retail stocks will be among the biggest beneficiaries.

Bryan, you da man! Feelin' real optimistic!

1) Wet Seal (WTSL) has a current share price of $2.58.

Bankrupt in 2015. Oops. Still four left though!

2) Pacific Sunwear of California (PSUN) has a current share price of $3.20.

Bankrupt in 2016. Seriously.

3) J.C. Penney (JCP) has a current share price of $8.32.

Now $7.60. Phenomenal relative performance! Least worst so far! Woohoo!

4) Francesca’s Holdings (FRAN) has a current share price of $17.64.

Now $10.41. Still some money left, which is nice.

5) American Apparel (APP) has a current share price of $1.05.

Bankrupt in 2015. For those keeping track at home, that's 3 bankruptcies out of 5.

You know what? Maybe I'll just assume, for now, that the bond market as a whole is at least as smart as Bryan Rich or the Fed. I know it sounds crazy, but what do you expect? I'm just an anonymous blogger on the internet. Crazy is as crazy does.

No comments: