Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Illusion of Prosperity vs. The Illusion of Facebook

Urban Dictionary: The Illusion of Facebook

The theory that Facebook is just like heroin.

Heroin is highly addictive gives you the impression that you can do anything and be super-productive, when in fact you're doing the exact opposite.

Similarly, Facebook is just as addictive and gives you the impression that you're socializing and making new friends when in fact you're doing the exact opposite.


The Illusion of Prosperity blog is nothing like the Illusion of Facebook. It is not highly addictive. I am being super-productive. I am socializing. I am making new friends.

Right? Hello? Why am I in this dark room alone, typing this on my iPhone, when the sun is out and I have dogs to play with? Uh, oh! Hahaha! ;)

No comments: