Friday, June 17, 2016

The World Needs Federal Reserve Trading Cards

June 17, 2016
Yahoo Finance: It's time for the Federal Reserve to fire James Bullard

How does one with such a poor track record stay employed?

The answer is simple. It gives us all something to talk about. Keeps the conversation flowing. Gets our minds off the upcoming presidential election. Unites the country at a time when we are most polarized! James Bullard must not be fired! He's doing the country a great service!

Look at all the support I've given him over the years. Is it not enough?

May 30, 2016
Fed's Bullard: Global Markets Well-Prepared for Summer Rate Hike

Potty trained, I said. Potty trained!

April 15, 2015
Fed Up

Bullard also expressed his continued frustration that financial markets are not pricing in the same level of interest rates as the Fed’s own projections. Fed fund futures suggest the first increase in rates will come in December.

Does it really matter if the markets were exactly right and Bullard was exactly wrong? Not in the least! Got us talking! Communicating! Being more transparent!

January 16, 2015
James Bullard's Linear Trend Failure of the Day (Musical Tribute)

That one inspired me to actually make a chart. People love charts! Good job!

November 16, 2014
Bubble Blowing Careers for Dummies (Musical Tribute)

Don't let the title fool you. It's all about Bullard!

October 9, 2014
My Nomination for Hubris Quote of the Year

I have a great bet for you. I have no idea who I nominated. It's been a long time and my memory just isn't what it used to be. That said, I'll bet you $100 that, out of 7 billion people on this planet, it was James Bullard. 7 billion to 1. The odds are incredibly stacked in your favor. You'd be a fool not to take the bet. I'm practically giving my money away!

So what does all this mean? Isn't it obvious?

We need Federal Reserve collectible trading cards! I'd definitely trade one Yellen for two Bullards! Those Bullards would only go up in value as time goes on! We can't ever seem to stop talking about him. Collectible paper assets that only go up in price? Never deflate? A monetary policy dream come true! Get you some!!

Bad Mark. Bad! Bad! Hahaha! :)

No comments: