Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Google Knows Me

Google: Suggested stories

We suggest stories on topics that you might be interested in based on your Google Web & App Activity, YouTube activity, and your preferences in Google Now.

August 11, 2015
Sears sales associate prefers selling appliances to home construction trade

Many people would read that article in its entirety and come to the conclusion that they will never get that time back. Not me!

That part about helping people find what they need? Brought a tear to my eye. Chatting with local customers about the quality of Sears' major product lines? I mean, we've all been there. Right? How about that part where he talks with clients about what their needs and price ranges are? You go guy! And then there's the part of his job when he deals with clients who have already done their research before they even come into the store. You guessed it. He can work with that too!

There is also the personal story angle. How did he get the job? Well, there was a job opening so he applied. Fascinating. What does he do when he's not working? He and his family do a little shopping of their own. This is amazing, amazing stuff. The best part is how they once lived with his parents but they now have a place of their own. I can totally relate to that. There was a time in my life when I too lived with my parents. What did I do next? I eventually got a place of my own! Uncanny!

How did Google learn so much about me? It's always suggesting news that it knows I will want to read! And now that Google is creating Alphabet as a holding company, there's no telling what is next in our relationship. Might start throwing actual love letters my way! A guy can always dream, can't he?

In all seriousness, no disrespect intended to Sears sales associate David Espinoza or his family. If he loves his job as much as he says, then he actually may be one of the lucky ones. Many people don't even like their jobs. Do what makes you happy. Firm believer in the theory.

One last thought. You definitely won't get this time back. Sorry about that. Take comfort in the fact that misery loves company. Hahaha! :)

No comments: