Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The More I Listen to Donald Trump...

I can't speak for others, but the more I listen to Donald Trump the more I realize just how infectious his words are.

And when I say infectious, I don't mean irresistible and compelling in a rapidly spreading influence over me sort of way.

I mean his words give me nausea and fatigue, in a rapidly spreading influenza into me sort of way.

I sure hope that I am not in the minority on this. I can certainly understand the desire to throw *all* the bums out and replace them with someone new. But Trump? Seriously? Where is Ross Perot when we need him?

We should be careful what we wish for. Just as I am a firm believer that there can be a fate worse than death, so too do I believe that there can be a president worse than George Bush and/or Barack Obama (depending on your particular "polarized" political party of choice).

Germany gravitated toward Hitler at one point if you will recall. He brought the country serious change, never really apologized for anything near as I can tell, and ultimately became a dictator. They are still living it down.

And do you want to know what really concerns me? I just typed that knowing that Donald Trump could financially crush me like a bug if he set his mind to it. I don't think I've ever had that thought before when heckling someone in power or one who desired power. Unfortunately, I think it needed to be said though, especially after he attempted to eviscerate Megyn Kelly for asking "tough" questions. It's not like she brought up what happened in Germany after the Great Depression like I just did. D'oh! :(

5 comments:

Rob Dawg said...

The upside is his behavior shines a light where the real candidates fear to look. People ask why it takes a joke like him to bring up certain national policy issues. Then they get mad when they realize the others had aggreed not to talk about certain things.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Rob Dawg,

Agreed.

He's certainly shining a light where others fear to look, much like a crazed person would do with a bag full of flash grenades.

Makes a spectacle. People do take notice. Not necessarily bad in and of itself. However, wouldn't want him to ever have access to nuclear launch codes though, if you know what I mean. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

A Trump/Sanders ticket is the ticket.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Joseph Constable,

Nice, lol.

Jazzbumpa said...

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh !!!!!

JzB