Saturday, August 8, 2015

Trainee Officer Shoots and Kills Unarmed Felony Suspect

August 8, 2015
ABC News: Trainee Officer Shoots Unarmed College Football Player

DALLAS — An unarmed college football player was shot dead at a suburban Dallas car dealership by a trainee police officer during a middle-of-the-night burglary call.

Hey, just trying to offer up a more informative and less biased headline.

For the record, I am not claiming the shooting was justified or not justified. I can't know. I wasn't there. I am not claiming that the person who died has been proven guilty of attempted burglary. I am merely saying that burglary of this type is generally a felony and that he is suspected of attempting it.

As for being a college football player, I just don't see how that is relevant, unless there is a law I'm unaware of that states college football players are free to allegedly drive through car dealership windows.

Police were contacted by a company that manages security cameras at Classic Buick GMC in Arlington at about 1 a.m. Friday. Sgt. Paul Rodriguez, an Arlington police spokesman, told The Associated Press that police were advised that someone had driven a car onto the lot, started to damage another car, then drove his own vehicle into the glass front of the showroom.

No comments: